[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 55 - Switch from PROJ4 to CS-Map coordinate system library

Crispin at 1Spatial Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Mon Aug 11 05:50:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have three comments here...

 1) Excellent! - I think this is a great opportunity but...

 2) I am concerned that this is a major update and that for existing sites
there will need to be a migration similar to the DBXML upgrade from 1.2 to
2.  This means that for 2.x sites there will be a (possibly) considerable
amount of authoring layers and maps.  For those of us just looking for an
Opnera/FF3 compatible release this major migration is going to cause some
effort, certainly worth it in the long-run but can there be a final 2.0.2
release before committing to CS-Map in 2.1?

 3) Based on the size of the SVN for CS-Map - there are some support files
of 10s of MB - how will the installer be built?  Will there be a seperate
download for the additional support files?  The 'Dictionaries' folder is
about 300MB uncompressed.

 Crispin