[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 55 - SwitchfromPROJ4toCS-Mapcoordinate system library

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Aug 12 18:05:24 EDT 2008

Traian (who has an odd idea of fun) wrote:
---------------
Also, everyone should remember that if you are using Mapguide Studio,
you are using CSMap/Mentor already.
---------------

Hmm...

I didn't realize that; I was under the impression that Studio was
calling the server to get the categories and codes, but apparently not.
This should mitigate the problem considerably; I think it means that the
WKT getting stored in the MapGuide repository is generated by CS-Map
and, as such, would be more likely to get mapped back to CS-Map
correctly :)

I wonder if this is the cause of the problems some users are having with
unsupported coordinate systems; perhaps they are setting WKT from CS-Map
that is not being recognized by PROJ.4 on the server side.