[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 53 Review

Steve Dang steve.dang at autodesk.com
Tue Aug 19 19:09:32 EDT 2008

I have discussed with our MapGuide Development team about an alternative way to format/encode a comma delimited string.

Here is our proposal: The class name will be enclosed by double quotes if it contains any comma, and any double quote inside this class name will be double quoted.

For example, for the following list of class names:

Class1,
Class2
Class3"
",Class4

The comma delimited string of these class names will look like:

"Class1,",Class2,Class3",""",Class4"

Comments/suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve.