[mapguide-internals] Intergrating DWF Viewer of MapGuide Enterprise 2009 into Windows Forms

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Thu Aug 28 07:33:55 EDT 2008

I have got as far as having the EMapViewer component added to the Form. The
problem I am having I believe is an initialisaton error. The error I am
getting it that the component did not return a valid window reference
(HREF). My guess as to why this is happening is that the ActiveX component
is not being properly initialised and so when it is trying to be added to
the form it is not in a state where it has a valid windowing component to
return. I need to establish how the EMapViewer needs to be configured in
order to work. I have the Url of the server I want the viewer to point to.
It is not quite so straight forward determining the configuration as when
that has been working it has been managed partly by the browser. I can have
a look at the Object parameters in the page for some clues but if anyone has
experience of using the map viewer as a component in a Windows Forms
application who could tell me how the initialisation needs to be carried out
then it would help me out a great deal.