[mapguide-internals] Intergrating DWF Viewer of MapGuide Enterprise 2009 into Windows Forms

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Fri Aug 29 05:15:41 EDT 2008

Carl Jokl wrote:

> It looks like in order to build the URL in the right format that the
> viewer will expect I need to use some of the MapGuide api to establish a
> session and pass the id of that session to the DWF Viewer. Would the
> MapGuide API classes work when running on a client computer or do the
> MapGuide API Classes only work when running on the same host as the
> MapGude Enterprise server?

Scratch that. I am not going to use the MapGuide classes in the client
application. I am going to add some functionality to a existing Http Handler
portal on the web server to do that for me. I can just get the client
application to communicate and authenticate via that and the portal will
return the mapguide session id as well as other details needed to form the
correct url