[mapguide-internals] PSC needs a resurgence

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Dec 8 14:28:37 EST 2008

HI MapGuide Internals,
I was teaching at Autodesk University last week and Crispin Hoult from
1Spatial made a point to chat with me after my class.  We talked quite a bit
about the MapGuide Open Source project and how the PSC has really been quite
inactive for the last year or so.  In fact, according to our Wiki we have
not had a meeting since March.  I am just as guilty as any of us at making
this a low priority in light of other things going on, but it's obvious that
we collectively need to make an effort to be more active and visible again.
Talking to Bruce Dechant and Chris Claydon, it sounds like Bob Bray has had
a lot on his plate lately and may be interested in handing over his roles as
Chair to someone else.

This is always a busy time of year for everyone and Autodesk is closed over
the Holiday break, so perhaps we can make an effort to hold a meeting in
early January and try to get things moving again?

Thanks,

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
www.SpatialGIS.com