[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 51 - Raster Re-projection

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Jul 15 13:58:37 EDT 2008

This is a beautiful.  I figured something like this must be coming given the
ability to provide coordinate system overrides for raster datasources.  This
has long been an issue for many clients and the 25% performance cost will
likely be acceptable for most in light of not needing to pre-process all of
the data.

My only worry is that this might cause additional instability to the already
unstable FDO Autodesk Raster and GDAL providers.  I would hope that those
instability issues be ironed out prior to introducing new raster features.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
www.SpatialGIS.com