[mapguide-internals] Agg (was MapGuide RFC 51 - Raster Re-projection)

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Jul 16 15:52:59 EDT 2008

Hmm.

Guess that means you're happy with the AGG renderer...

I could have sworn there was already a ticket for this (islands
disappearing on a world map) but couldn't find it.  Although I love the
enhancements that the AGG renderer brings, this kind of generalization
through deletion is not exactly cartographically pleasing:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/632

From: Walt Welton-Lair
Subject: [mapguide-internals] RE: MapGuide RFC 51 - Raster Re-projection

GD renderer will (hopefully) soon be removed.  I should write a quick
RFC for that...

Tony - consider renaming the TileSize parameter to GridSize.  We already
use the word "tile" in the context of the TileService, and using a
different name would reduce confusion.

Walt