Re[mapguide-internals] building layers in the DWF viewer after creating a new feature.

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Fri Jul 18 04:16:55 EDT 2008

I am currently working with making some code I wrote work with both the Ajax
and DWF viewer. The code relating to feature creation was originaly created
and tested with the Ajax viewer. The problem is that when a new feature is
added to a layer on the AJAX viewer it is visible straight away. On the DWF
viewer I have to do things like zooming around or turning the layer off and
back on again to get the feature to appear. I am trying to do the
programatic calls to get the new feature to appear after insertion as it
does on the Ajax viewer but am not sure what will work. Calling
Layer.ForceRefresh did not make any difference. I would guess someone has
probably come across this problem and can tell me what calls will work to
get new features to appear. I have been told about the notion of rebuilding
a layer rather than just refreshing it but do not know how to tell the layer
to be rebuilt programatically. Whether the code to make this work has to
execute on the client or the server I can work with either one if someone
can suggest what I need to do.