Re[mapguide-internals] building layers in the DWF viewer after creating a new feature.

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Mon Jul 21 11:26:50 EDT 2008

Is the viewer actually making a server request after you refresh the client?  You can use Fiddler (or some other HTTP sniffer) to see if a request gets made.  It should be a GETMAPUPDATE request, and it should include a REFRESHLAYERS parameter with the id of the layer you called ForceRefresh on.  The response should be an EMap DWF that contains the data for the layer being refreshed.  If the request is made and the response has no data for the layer then it's a server error.  If no request is made then something is going wrong client-side.

Walt