[mapguide-internals] Annual Report

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Mar 3 13:00:43 EST 2008

That sounds like a good idea, but I'm not available later this week (at
the FME user conference).  I know that the traditional date for this
meeting is Thursday, but I wonder if anyone would have an objection to
moving to Wed for this week?

I would like to meet though to talk about 2.1, etc.  I'm interested in
the REST api in particular, and wouldn't mind some opinion on whether
it's worth aligning as closely as possible with the AtomPub protocol for
this interface.

http://bitworking.org/projects/atom/rfc5023.html

I would also like to look at following Google's example by allowing the
client to overload the POST method with an "X-HTTP-Method-Override:
PUT|DELETE" HTTP header in cases where PUT and DELETE are blocked by a
firewall.

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/basics.html#Updating-an-entry

I've been meaning to hack at the wiki page for REST, but likely won't
get a chance now until the weekend.

I'm also considering floating the idea of expanding the PSC...

From: Paul Spencer
Subject: Re: [mapguide-internals] Annual Report

Reviewed, looks good to me.  Perhaps we should schedule a PSC meeting
for a more general discussion with that as the agenda item?  Sometimes
group chats create more ideas.