[mapguide-internals] Special Case Handling of FDO Provider Capabilities

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Thu May 1 15:30:19 EDT 2008

Hi All,

One objective I am exploring for FDO 3.4.0 is the possibility of making enhancements to the Capability Interfaces of the FDO API so that applications such as MapGuide will be able to eliminate all special case handling of FDO provider capabilities for well-known providers such as SDF, SHP, ODBC, Oracle, etc. If any FDO/MapGuide users have identified specific instances where special case handling of capabilities are required in MapGuide, please forward the details to me and I will include these in the use case list I am compiling in order to justify any changes in this area.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Boone