[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Open Source 2.1 - whereisthecontinuous integration system ????

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Nov 16 23:08:24 EST 2008

I spent a while working with NSIS over a month ago, but never really got to like it.  The two things (in my mind) that tip the balance for WiX are:

- It's declarative; you describe what system state changes, UI, etc you want, and the installer "makes it so"

- It allows us to create MSI files

It also has a couple tools that I haven't had time to use yet (dark.exe for reverse-engineering the current MSIs, and ClickThrough) that may make our lives easier.  Have to spend more time playing....

Jason