[mapguide-internals] Installer progress

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Nov 18 04:39:37 EST 2008

Well...

I've got a new version of the WiX installer project I was working on
here:

http://www.jasonbirch.com/temp/mginstall/MgInstaller.zip

If you have the current WiX 3 MSI installed, you should be able to just
place the generated Installed directory inside of your trunk MgDev
checkout and it _should_ build.  There may be some path issues for FDO,
etc.

The resulting MSI basically allows you to install the Server, and set
the Mentor environment variable.

I've got something wrong that prevents the INI file modifications from
"taking" but I'm not sure what it is, and I made a start on the custom
action to install the service, but then excluded it from the project
until at least the INI file mods start working.

The include files that bring in all of the dlls, etc, were initially
created using Paraffin, but then I modified them to be WiX3 compatible
and to use "convention" names for the main directory IDs and component
groups.

It'll probably be few days before I can come back to this; if anyone
else is planning to work on it, please go ahead.

If anyone wants to try out the MSI in its current state, it's available
here (20Mb):

http://www.jasonbirch.com/temp/mginstall/NotMapGuideOpenSource-0.0.1.msi