[mapguide-internals] RE: Project Sponsorship

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Tue Nov 25 18:29:58 EST 2008

If all of the discussion was done on the mailing list then what you say makes sense, however, some of it goes on in the ticket, some on IRC, etc.  Also, there is the ramp up time of a new developer, so I'm still going to say that in the general interest of the group, we should try to enlist developers who are available for more than a single bug fix.

Not having commit rights is not a reason to do MapGuide development. See http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/SubmitPatch.

If there are several developers working on something like fixing the Linux build, we could probably set up a sandbox for this. Someone should create an RFC for what is being planned here.

This is great! I'm looking forward to seeing the Linux build becoming a real Linux build.

Tom