[mapguide-internals] Fusion - Base layers questions...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Oct 7 12:00:18 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I recall there was some intention to support arbitrary OpenLayers layers
in Fusion 2.0.  I guess the first question is whether this is still the
intention or has it already been implemented?

Sort-of related, I have some questions about base (tiled) layers in
Fusion.  I think I saw an update a while back that would support the
MapGuide convention of specifying base layer groups as part of the map
definition.  If I didn't imagine it, this is a good enhancement, but
last I saw there are some real problems with base layer groups in
MapGuide; basically: any change in the map definition flushes the tile
cache.  My preference would be to work around this with Fusion by
creating a map that only includes a base layer group, and then
referencing this as a separate base layer.  Is it possible to add
multiple Maps to a MapGroup, and specify which should be a base layer?
If so, is it possible to add multiple base layers?  Will the Legend
present these as a radio choice like in OpenLayers?

If not, is there any intention to add any of this functionality for 2.0?

Motivation:  I understand that we're only a couple weeks from MapGuide
2.1 beta, and it's currently following Fusion trunk... :)