[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Open Source 2.1

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Oct 9 17:39:02 EDT 2008

I know that I haven't done any testing of the PostGIS provider on Linux; you may want to check on the FDO list to see whether any of the developers have worked on it in Linux yet.  It was initially developed on Windows for Refractions and me, and then GeoMap Groupe (Bruno Scott) did some enhancements, but I think that they were done on Windows as well.

Apart from the above, it sounds like it may be a local configuration issue.  How did you install MapGuide 2.0.1; did you build from SVN?  Do you have the appropriate version of the PostgreSQL client libraries installed on your MapGuide server, and in a location that the mgserver daemon / FDO knows where they are (not being a Linux guru, I don't know how to set this up)?

I really doubt that you will get any developer time on this unless you can identify what is causing the problem and how to fix it.  I haven't heard from anyone else that is running your OS with PostGIS, and neither of these providers have been made part of the release for the 2.0 stream.  I'd love to see that change for 2.1, but haven't heard any word on that.

From: Gabriele Monfardini
Subject: Re: [mapguide-internals] MapGuide Open Source 2.1

Is there any chance for trac#666 (connection problem with
PostgreSQL+PostGIS) to be fixed for 2.1 as is written in milestone
property?
And when version 2.1 is expected to be out?