[mapguide-internals] mapguide 2 trunk cmake patches and instructions

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Sun Oct 19 22:07:08 EDT 2008

Hi

As people requested last few days, here's the cmake patch to test in linux
against mapguide trunk

Two patches:

cmake.diff - The Cmake build itself
cmake-code.dif - Patch to use xalan 2.8 and geos 3.0.0, and comment agg
triangle for now

- This use most of the Oem depends external, what i'm using EXTERNAL:
geos 3.0.0
mkcatdefs
xerces-c 2.8
xalan 1.10
db 4.6
dbxml23
xqilla 1.0.2 ( from xilla10 package )
apache 2.2.9
agg 2.5
dwftoolkit
php 5.2.6
Ace 5.6
sqlite 3.6.1
FDO 3.3.1
cmake 2.6

- What i still use INTERNAL:
CsMap
gd
jsoncpp
SWIGEx

- What i not compiling right now: UnitTest
Reason: Need a specific version of cppunit, and not compiled from Oem one

You can find all my external packages oriented to Mandriva in
http://websvn.geolinux.com.br/viewvc.cgi/packages/, but my reference is Fedora
9, packages mostly taken from here:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/source/SRPMS/

The only packages that aren't in Fedora repos is dwftoolkit and mkcatdefs

COMPILATION INSTRUCTIONS:

- Apply both patches in a full MgDev checkout ( trunk )
- Enter in the MgDev dir
- Create any subdir, i prefer "build" and enter on it
- do "cmake .."
At this point all tests should be done, and if you are missing any external
dependency, cmake will warn you and fail. All environment and build files are
created under this build dir, keeping the main src dir clean
64 bits test are done, but i not tested current compilation with x86_64
- If all went well, just do make

HELP NEEDED
- As end mapguide installation is a big series of auto*hell*tools and scripts
on LinuxApt, i'm not sure if i'm installing whole original layout, and some
people with deeper knowledge of this install can help. I attached my mapguide
specfile for standard package if someone want to take a look and see if there's
something missing in the process.

- Server build in trunk is failing for me in some Fdo SetClassName functions,
mos specific Server/src/Services/Feature/. Log attached

KNOWN ISSUES
- cmake build works very well, but sometimes, the dbxml database creation
fails on mgserver and i was unable to track down this specific issue. The
segmentation fault happens in xerces-c code, but i doubt that this is the real
point. I really think that for some reason xerces is trying to use a null
database, because was preciously not properly created ( non check pointer ).
Hard one

Goold luck and i'm open for all answers

--
Helio Chissini de Castro