[mapguide-internals] mapguide 2 trunk cmake patches andinstructions - with links instead of patches

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Oct 23 15:07:02 EDT 2008

I also included the hardy backports by uncommenting two lines in
/etc/apt/sources.list.

I added packages like apache2, php5, libgdal1-dev, and a bunch of
others; we should probably start a wiki listing the prerequisites and
required versions.

Rather than adding the fdo install location to the .cmake file, I
specify it on the command line:

cmake -D FDO_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/local/fdo-3.3.0/include -D
FDO_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/fdo-3.3.0/lib ..

If you run into a missing dependency outside of the .cmake file's search
path, you can run:

cmake -LA ..

Which will give you a list of current settings for cache entries that
you can specify on the command line, including "UNDEFINED"
something-or-other when they couldn't be found.

Source files that were patched for the build follow.  I believe that you
can revert most of these if you are using versions of the libraries
equivalent to what are distributed with MapGuide (or even pointing to
the mapguide oem builds for these components with -D cache entries).

BuildTools/WebTools/IMake/IMake.cpp
 Add include for <cstring>

BuildTools/WebTools/IMake/SimpleXmlParser.cpp
 Add include for <cstring>

BuildTools/WebTools/IMake/SimpleXmlParser.h
 Add include for <cstdlib>

Common/Geometry/GeometryExceptionDef.h
 Changes for Geos 3

Common/MdfParser/SAX2Parser.h
 Add include for <xercesc/sax2/Attributes.hpp>

Common/Renderers/AGGRenderer.cpp
 Commented out triangle cap

Oem/jsoncpp/src/lib_json/json_reader.cpp
 Removed includes for <stdio.h. and <assert.h>, added <cstdio>,
<cstring>, <cassert>

Oem/jsoncpp/src/lib_json/json_value.cpp
 Add include for <cstring>

Oem/jsoncpp/src/lib_json/json_writer.cpp
 Add include for <cstring>

Server/src/Services/Feature/FilterUtil.h
 Updated to Xerces 2.8

Server/src/Services/Feature/ServerDescribeSchema.h
 Added include for "CacheManager.h"