[mapguide-internals] EPSG:3785 or with CS-Map?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Apr 1 14:55:39 EDT 2009

Brian asked a question about using the "Google Maps Projection" with MapGuide.  I was hoping that CS-Map would support EPSG:3785 natively, but I can't get it to work with the latest 2.1 installer using any of the CS web tier test pages.  Here's the definition:

http://spatial-reference.org/ref/epsg/3785/ogcwkt/

Is there a projection code for this?  Do I need to add some kind of lookup?  Because Fusion 2.0 supports multiple map layers, I'd imagine that many users will want to have a Google Maps base layer.  Ideally, we could bundle this CS definition to help these users.