[mapguide-internals] Exception Handling for Memory limitations+ Patch for #480 & #520

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 05:44:47 EDT 2009

I also think its a great piece of software.
I am also trying to create some awareness about how important it is to
gather know-how and make it accessible in the code base and in extra UML
documentation so this is also fun and more productive.
In the moment all in depth information is only accessible by request
through the mailing list.
Thats a lot better than in other projects.

I just think there are more efficient ways to communicate this
information and make it better accessible.
And if we manage to slowly over time get the relevant details inside the
code base we have achieved a lot in this direction!
Supported by some extra UML documentation the productivity will rise a
lot. This is a good investment into the future.
The important thing is to understand that this is a communal effort and
if everyone writes down his insights in how this code works into the
code base
we will have it much easier to write our new code instead of trying to
make sense of the existing one.
That includes submitting patches with only comments in them as this is
currently the only way to help the guys at autodesk to increase the
documentation level.
I think this is beneficial for everyone working with it.

uv