[mapguide-internals] Version setting script

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:45:12 EDT 2009

Good idea. Properly tagged source file are very helpful!

just one thought....
do we need to introduce yet another scripting language into the system?
This is supposed to be multi-platform I thought.
Therefore, I think its very advisable to contain the number of tools for
this system (in particular as VBS might not work on linux)
I am not sure if VBS is a good approach for this goal.

I suggest to do this with a java tool (as java is already required for
the build), parsing the source tree can be done within ant I believe.
This would be a truly portable solution. VBS seems like marrying into
windows world more then necessary.

Experience tells that if we have to many different tools and languages
the maintainability of the system suffers.

Any thoughts?