[mapguide-internals] Version setting script - What about ANT

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Apr 8 11:25:47 EDT 2009

I agree that any major changes to the build system need to wait until after 2.1; whatever we do now should be just enough to get 2.1 out the door.  I'm not going to spend any time thinking / talking about it until after the 2.1 installer is 100%.

Whatever people decide on for setting the version numbers is fine by me, though I'm not going to be of much use helping to maintain something in Java or Perl.

Specs?  Seriously? :)  The version updater currently:

- Accepts the build major, minor, and point (2, 1, 0) versions as command line options

- Calculates the fourth part of the version by extracting the current Revision from "svn info" and then finding its modulus of maxint

- For each .rc file (not third-party), replaces each FILEVERSION, PRODUCTVERSION, FileVersion, ProductVersion value with the current version

- Updates the version information (different formats) in each of:
   Common/ProductVersion.h
   Web/src/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewerabout.jsp
   Web/src/mapviewernet/ajaxviewerabout.aspx
   Web/src/mapviewerphp/ajaxviewerabout.php
   Web/src/mapadmin/resizableadmin.php

The regular expressions I used for these are fairly simple, and are available in the .vbs file.