[mapguide-internals] build script confusion RFC62???

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Apr 16 13:03:17 EDT 2009

Hi UV,

A MapGuide RFC can't be used to modify the FDO build structure, that needs to be dealt with in the FDO project.  Yes, there is a lot of overlap between the projects, but they are autonomous.  While I am in favour of accommodating an FDO CI process on the MapGuide build server, I think that we should focus on getting the MapGuide CI working first.

I'm not sure that I see the value in making the default installer directory structure mirror the build output's directory structure.  Having release / debug / x86 / x64 in the binaries path doesn't really make a lot of sense to the end user.  I wonder if we can accomplish something similar for non-release builds on the CI machine by passing a public property to msiexec to install the bin files to a different location?