[mapguide-internals] Release build depending on Visual Studio installation??

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Apr 19 23:09:12 EDT 2009

MapGuide has a dependancy of the MS Visual C++ Runtime, and it has to be the same version (SP, etc) that you compiled with.  This is bundled with the installer, but if you install MapGuide manually you will need to download and install it yourself.

Assuming that VS2008 SP1 is installed on the build machine, this is probably the correct package:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/89msaj

I'm guessing that this is the problem because that's the only additional component the installer adds, and the installed Release build works just fine on clean PCs.