[mapguide-internals] MG 2.1 Status (... again, sorry!)

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Mon Aug 24 09:21:23 EDT 2009

All,

Please take this as a positive request for information!

The MapGuide 2.1 release was originally scheduled for July 2008, then
October 2008 and then moved to the current April 2008 (4 months late).
I do appreciate that is is a work in progress (and some excellent
reliability and memory leaks have been found since the original beta).
There is also obviously a lot of work on RFCs for 2.2... but what are the
issues holding up the 2.1 release and is there scope to have them addressed?

Is the Fusion development as an external resource causing issues?
To put the cat amongst the pigeons is there a case to unbundle Fusion from
the core MapGuide release dependencies in the same way that Maestro is?
(AJAX does a fine entry-level job out of the box)

 Crispin

Requests for updates at PSCs have gone by the wayside (again I am sure
through no individual, just summer meeting schedules)...

http://n2.nabble.com/Mapguide-2-0-2-Point-release-tt1821803.html#a1821804

http://n2.nabble.com/MapGuide-2-1-Status-tt3200169.html#a3200169

There are also previous comments around:

http://n2.nabble.com/PATCH-Raster-stability-fixes-ticket-462-tt2542880.html#a2564777

http://n2.nabble.com/PSC-Meeting-tt1821662.html#a1821663