[mapguide-internals] Does the Select Within only work for polygon

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Tue Dec 1 10:52:06 EST 2009

SelectWithin is a replication of functionality that existed in MG 6.5. The only documentation is from the 6.5 help which isn't entirely accurate because we didn't replicate the full functionality.

The basic premise is: the user selects one or more polygons (and/or buffers) and wants to find objects "within" those polygons. The current implementation uses an intersection if I am not mistaken so any feature that intersects the polygon should be selected.

I logged 2 defects previously 1223510 and 1223511 regarding the fact that a "within" select (meaning only inside) actually uses intersects which is a bit of a contradiction.

In MG 6.5 we had options for Select Within including selecting objects whose centroid was within the polygon. We never replicated the centroid functionality.

Hopefully that makes things clearer.

Dave