[mapguide-internals] Future Development Options for Web Server Extensions and new High Performance Viewer

carlj carl at jokl.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 10:49:15 EST 2009

Could I just ask about the relationship between "The Open Source Geospaitial
Foundation" and Autodesk.

There are a selection of APIs provided for FDO. I note the namespaces used
for both MapGuide and FDO APIs use classes in the OSGeo namespace. That
would imply to me that "The Open Source Geospaitial Foundation" is the owner
of the API and not Autodesk.

If this is the case would that mean that any member can create their own
implementation of the API as long as it complies with the API and behaves as
described.

Does that mean that technically someone like me could create their own
implementation of the API? Is there a verification process to certify that
the API is compliant with the Geospatial Foundation standards?