[mapguide-internals] Future Development Options for Web Server Extensions and new High Performance Viewer

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Sat Dec 26 19:01:40 EST 2009

There is definitely potential either was, and perhaps a hybrid
solution will turn out to be best; choosing to render inactive layers
as raster, and active, editable layers as vector.

Anyway, not much point in imagining, especially since I don't have a
enough time in on this stuff to have a good gut feel for what the
right balance will be. I do think that advances like opening the gpu
up to browsers, etc, will mean that there will be lots of potential
for experimentation, and that using the web outside a browser alsdo
has strong potential...

Jason