[mapguide-internals] RE: GDAL stability in MGOS 2.1

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Tue Dec 29 18:32:13 EST 2009

AFAIK, the PSC does not have funds at its discretion suitable for addressing
this issue at the level that you're suggesting.

As long as this is the case, I believe that this should be addressed as an
unaligned initiative (a bunch of users pay someone to have this fixed), or
as a targeted initiative (a bunch of users indicate that they have funds to
address this, donate tagged funds to the project, the project manages).  The
benefits of the former are that all funds go directly to the work and that
the PSC does not have to be involved in soliciting bids from qualified
developers, etc.

In either case, this needs to be a user-funded effort (unless we have
had significant donations I'm unaware of), so perhaps this discussion is
better off remaining on the -users list until a source of funds is
identified.

Jason

2009/12/29 Trevor Wekel