[fdo-internals] Re: [mapguide-internals] MapGuide REST Extension

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Feb 15 18:39:55 EST 2009

Good question....

If you ask Haris nicely, maybe he'll give you a copy of his REST provider to test with.  Be careful though; nobody knows what this would do WRT hadron cohesion.  I wouldn't want to be close to your computer when start httpd...

Jason

From: Traian Stanev
Subject: RE: [fdo-internals] Re: [mapguide-internals] MapGuide REST Extension

You can have FDO on the server side (backing an Apache REST mod) and an FDO provider for REST that can consume the RESTful data server by the server.

Then, the only question I have is what happens if you put the REST FDO provider in the backend, behind the Apache mod, and connect it to the front end of said mod. Does the Apache server disappear in a cloud of recursive smoke? :)

Traian