[mapguide-internals] About the WiX installer

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Feb 17 04:02:39 EST 2009

Looks like there is a version of Paraffin that works with 3.0 now:

http://tinyurl.com/cd43qz <http://tinyurl.com/cd43qz>

So re-generating the files listings and setting up file includes that can be kept up to date with Paraffin is probably a great idea anyway.  Note: I believe that some files (providers.xml, serverconfig.ini, etc) will need to be removed from the autogenerated file listings and managed separately so they can be referenced consistently in custom actions.

I had actually explored using heat to generate some of these file lists because of my frustration editing Paraffin files, but Parrafin 3 tilts the field back in its favour.  heat is still useful for harvesting IIS website settings.

Jason