[mapguide-internals] MapGuide 2.1 Status

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Fri Jul 3 04:46:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am not sure if the PSC met or not this week but for a couple of agendas
now the 2.1 release has not been on the list.  There was a big discussion
about 3 months ago about the raster resolution "big block" that I thought
was designed to provide a way forward on the blocker issues for a release.

Whilst I appreciate there is a lot of work on RFCs and there is a team doing
good-stuff I wonder if when the project is trac'd as "3 months late" (put
back from an earlier date) there should be a report to the community - for
us to keep the faith that this will not be a perpetual beta like some other
projects.

The last code-drop to the 2.1 trunk was a couple of weeks ago and the beta
is 6-weeks old.  Notwithstanding the interesting stress-test results from
Bruce will the 9 "high" priority issues be addressed in any known timescale
or need to be re-triarged?

Thanks for any information forthcoming...

 Crispin