[mapguide-internals] Re: Please review RFC 73

Christine Bao Christine.Bao at autodesk.com
Tue Jul 7 23:27:31 EDT 2009

Hi Kenneth,

     Thank you for your comments.

1.  The load that would be removed would be for sequential requests to the XmlDb?

I'm not sure about your meaning. If you're talking about how to get the collection of resource contents by the collection of resource ids, I'm going to leverage the existing GetResourceContent(resourceid, preprocesstag) function. Yes, it will call XmlDb by a sequential requests.

2.       How much improved?

It's hard to give a number. The more layers in a map, the more significantly improved. We'll have performance test later to see how it improves.

3.       Expose to WebTier

Yes, then it should be PUBLISHED_API instead of INTERNAL_API, is it right?

Thanks & regards,
Christine