[mapguide-internals] Re: Please review RFC 73

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Jul 13 09:31:37 EDT 2009

OK, I was not considering that MgMap.Create was in another
process than the repository. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another question:
How are permission issues handled if there is a partial error?
Eg. requesting 2 resources, but access is denied to one of them?
An exception could also happen while accessing one of the resources.

Simply returning an error would follow the current "abort" method
on runtime map creation failure.
There has been talk about fixing this behavior.

If this RFC would at least consider what implications the change
would have for fixing this, I would be happy.

A method could be to return an exception list.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S