[mapguide-internals] Motion: vote MapGuide RFC 78

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Jul 27 14:46:29 EDT 2009

+1 Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Haris Kurtagic
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:00 PM
To: MapGuide Internals Mail List
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] Motion: vote MapGuide RFC 78

+1 Haris

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Andy
Morsell
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 7:37 PM
To: 'MapGuide Internals Mail List'

+1 Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Fukushima [mailto:tom.fukushima at autodesk.com]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 8:55 AM
To: MapGuide Internals Mail List

Hi,

I motion for a vote on

MapGuide RFC 78 - Enhance transaction capability to Feature Service
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc78

Summary of review:

What happens when one of ExecuteSqlQuery or ExecuteSqlNonQuery fails?
Does
the user need to rollback transaction within exception handling, or is
this
done automatically?
>>> No action taken.  To give flexibility, the user can do a Rollback in
the
exception handler.

In case that FDO provider doesn't support transaction, it throws
exception?
>>> RFC updated: if a provider doesn't support transaction,
BeginTransaction() will throw an MgInvalidOperationException saying
transaction is not supported.

I think too that it doesn't have to do auto roll back but another
question
comes to me. I assume that MgTransaction will get hold on one particular
FDO
connection until either Rollback or Commit is executed ?
>>> Yes, MgTransaction will hold on the particular FDO connection until
Commit or Rollback is executed. And there is also a timeout for
transaction
that if it's not committed or rollbacked within the timeout, the server
will
automatically rollback the transaction as mentioned in the RFC.

Add a UpdateFeatures that uses transaction:
>>> Description added.

+1 Tom

Thanks
Tom