[mapguide-internals] Please review RFC 66

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jun 17 07:56:10 EDT 2009

I would suggest that there is a real function to support "keep alive" pings,
instead of calling a function that has another purpose.

Also, the client would have to read out the timeout value,
to correctly adjust the ping interval.

Perhaps it would be reasonable to have a
"GETSESSIONTIMEOUT" function,
so the client can call this, and use the returned value
to dynamically adjust the ping interval?

Also, connection broken exception should be handled
with extra logic in the client to repeat the
ping with a short interval to counter temporary
network problems.

Other than that, I like the proposal, and have implemented it
with custom code myself.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S