[mapguide-internals] RFC60 - Server integration issues

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Mar 17 15:18:07 EDT 2009

Hi,

The approach that is most consistent with the existing code is to retrieve the palette from the MgMap object and pass it down to the renderer. The last place in the callstack where the MgMap is available is in the ServerRenderingService::RenderMapInternal. In there you also know the map scale. There, you would extract the palette and pass it to the Renderer in the Save() call, which also takes the output format, width and height as arguments. If you pass it into Save(), there is only a single level of API indirection to get to AGGImageIO::Save. You will probably have to make a minor modification in the internal ServerRenderingService functions to pass down the name of the base layer group as well as the list of layers in that group into the RenderMapInternal from the RenderTile call, but this is a modification that does not affect any public APIs.

Traian