[mapguide-internals] mgos 2.1 state

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon May 4 22:50:03 EDT 2009

I don't really have a vested interest in good Linux builds, other than the quality and life it will bring to the project, but IMO the FDO install story would be a good place to start.

There's already an RFC (http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc21 and now that FDO 3.4 has been branched it's a great time to get in there and start making it happen.  Once this is proven with FDO, moving on to MapGuide is a logical next step.

There's an RFC for MapGuide too:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc57

Helio has already done a lot of the work required for this; hopefully he's up for helping out if there are others who want to pitch in.