[mapguide-internals] Getting the map extent in meters/feet and converting coordinates

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed May 13 16:16:40 EDT 2009

I have the code ready for issue #768
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/768

But, the coordinates should be converted into WGS84.
I would really like to keep CSMap/Proj.4 out of the Maestro project.

I can't find a documented function that would allow me to perform a
projection conversion through the mapagent.

Is there an undocument function somewhere that I can use?

For the MgCooker, I am trying to get the map extent in meters.
That would also be avalible through the projection libraries,
but can I access it from the mapagent?

--
Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S