[mapguide-internals] 2.1.0 Final Windows Installer

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Wed Nov 25 12:04:13 EST 2009

The installer requires that the default website still exists; for IIS6 this
means that both the internal ID and name are unchanged from the default.
 IIS7 I think only requires that the name is available. The important
variables are SITE_ID and MG_WEBSITE:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/branches/2.1/Installer/Installers/MapGuide/MapGuide.wxs#L51

Which are used in:

IIS6:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/branches/2.1/Installer/Libraries/MapGuide%20Web%20Extensions/IIS.wxs

IIS7:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/branches/2.1/Installer/Libraries/MapGuide%20Web%20Extensions/IIS7.wxs

If you have renamed or deleted the default site, the installation will fail.
 One of the wishlist items for the installer is a dropdown of websites to
choose from, but it will require some development work.

In the meantime, you can perform a manual install, and configure the IIS
integration manually.  This is a bit of a pain; perhaps we should look at
setting up some scripts that could be easily edited and run by users for
this...

Jason

2009/11/25 Simon Pelicon