[mapguide-internals] Getting Layer and Group ids from Viewer Server Side Components.

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Mon Sep 7 08:34:01 EDT 2009

I am currently working on some .Net based stress testing tools. I have used
and example MapGuide testing Grinder application. I adapted a lot of this to
work with our existing .Net based MapGuide framework. One thing I still need
to do though if have a way to get hold of layer ids (and group ids) for use
in the code for turning layers and groups on and off. It seems that these
ids seem to be generated when the application is running. Logically if the
AJAX viewer has access to them it must have been able to get hold of them
from one of the server data pages or data portals. The question is how to
invoke the server in a similar fashion to which Ajax viewer does to get hold
of the layer and layer group ids for the currently loaded map in the current
session.

Has anyone done this. I am going to look at the client side JavaScript code
to try and find clues but if anyone has already done this they might be able
to give me some pointers.