Fusion versioning (was Re: [mapguide-internals] RE: Recent submissions by UV)

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Sep 22 13:21:29 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

The only reason I was considering only using 1887 in the branch is that it had already been released to the community.  However, there is a bit of an underlying issue with grabbing Fusion trunk - scope creep.  As far as I know, the following 2.2 RFCs do impact Fusion:

RFC 66 Prevent session timeout, and give better error messages
RFC 72 Commercial Map Service Support

It looks as though the RFC 72 work started in April so it is unrealistic to pull these features from (soon to be) Fusion 2.0.  It just means that the community may have to do more testing if they are using Fusion.  Using 1887 versus tip will not change this so we might as well just use the tip of trunk for Fusion 2.0.

On the plus side, we will effectively get some 2.2 Fusion testing out of the community from the 2.1 release.  That's not a bad thing.