[mapguide-internals] RE: Documenting

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Thu Apr 8 10:28:50 EDT 2010

Codewise that's probably all that's involved.  The MG0001 format seems reasonable to me.

But should there be some classification scheme to the numbering?  E.g. generic error messages start with MG0xxx, server-specific ones start with MG1xxx, web-specific ones start with MG2xxx?  For third parties built on top of MG who need to add their own error messages, what MGxxxx values should they use?  This information should then be documented somewhere.

Walt