[mapguide-internals] RFC 90 Meta Tiling Support for MGOS 2.2

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 08:34:40 EDT 2010

Trevor,

as per Uv's previous email, it's ready for review
http://n2.nabble.com/RFC90-beta-td4862467.html#a4862467

the one errata is that because the tile service never throws exceptions
and always renders a tile (and saves), even for tiles which are out
of bounds, there are more tiles generated than required.

UVand I would prefer it just threw an exception, it is really annoying
to have to manually delete a tile because mapguide had an error and
saved a empty tile regardless.

for the average user, seeing a browser image error is a much better indcator
that a problem happened than the current blank tiles.