[mapguide-internals] Maestro Templates and Functionality

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Tue Apr 13 03:15:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

We have a local code update to Maestro that was designed to meet our
deployment needs - namely deploying a standard package and then opening a
folder of layers in XML and doing a find/replace on the schema (because
KingOra and ArcSDE embed the local username in the schema hence with
different DB users you need to edit lots of layers not just the
.FeatureSource).  This also adds a Find/Replace UI to the XML editor.

So we have added to the top-level right click menu hard-coded find/replace
values to meet our needs but these need to be generic if the functionality
can go into the Maestro.  I have never really understood Maestros concept of
templates but wonder if they could be utilised or if there are other
suggestions as to how to do this well.

 Crispin