[mapguide-internals] New SDK build option

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 06:28:22 EST 2010

Hi All,

I've recently landed a new build script in trunk (build_sdk.bat) that
produces a minimal set of headers/libs/dlls/pdbs for the purpose of creating
applications targeting the MapGuide Platform, but without needing the Server
and WebTier dependencies, and without needing a full-blown MG source tree.

As a simple test case, I took the MG Snapshot driver sample from last year's
AU (http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=5241). With some small
tweaks to the include/linker settings, I got the sample to compile and work
exactly as it did when compiling against the full MG source tree.

Unfortunately due to dependencies of certain Oem components leaking out of
the public headers, I had to include the headers/libs/dlls for ACE and
Xerces as well. This is for now, unavoidable.

It would be interesting if something like GeoREST can be built using this
setup, unfortunately I lack the (software) resources to find out myself.