[mapguide-internals] TortoiseSVN on Windows 7 x64

Norm Olsen norm.olsen at autodesk.com
Wed Feb 17 13:36:33 EST 2010

Hello All . . .

FYI ---

I've encountered some difficulties trying to use the 64 bit version of TortoiseSVN on Windows 7.  The Subversion Forum has several reports of this difficulty.  It is suggested on that Forum that the 64 bit version of 1.6.4 version works correctly in the Windows 7 64 bit environment, but again I have not been successful in getting it to work.

It appears that most TortoiseSVN features work, but the terrific "Icon Overlay" feature does not work reliably.  Having been spoiled by this feature, I'm reluctant to use TortoiseSVN in the Windows 7 64 bit environment.

The 32 bit version appears to work well on Windows 7.  I have not been able to get the 32 bit version to work on the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

I'd be grateful for any information about overcoming this problem.

Norm Olsen
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
303-277-9967