[mapguide-internals] RE: [fdo-internals] Hosting FDO 3.5 builds / Binaries for CentOS and Ubuntu

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Feb 18 11:23:05 EST 2010

Cross posting to mapguide-internals since both projects are impacted...

Ok.  Sounds good.  Is everyone ok with /opt/osgeo/fdo-3.5.0 and /opt/osgeo/mapguide-2.2.0 for install directories?

I dug around a bit looking at .deb and .rpm naming conventions and came up with the following.  "changenum" is the Subversion changeset number for the respective repository.  Differences in "_" and "-" are significant.  Ubuntu/Debian and CentOS/Fedora seem to have slightly different naming conventions.

fdo-[core,sdf,shp,wfs,wms,arcsde,rdbms,gdal,ogr,postgis,kingoracle,sqlite]_3.5.0-changenum_[i386,amd64].deb

fdo-[core,sdf,shp,wfs,wms,arcsde,rdbms,gdal,ogr,postgis,kingoracle,sqlite]-3.5.0-changenum.el5.[i386,x86_64].rpm

The various providers would require an appropriate installation of fdo-core (ie. greater than or equal to the version it was built with).  And for MapGuide,

mapguide-[server,webextensions]_3.5.0-changenum_[i386,amd64].deb
mapguide-[server,webextensions]-2.2.0-changenum.el5.[i386,x86_64].rpm

And MapGuide would also require an appropriate installation of fdo-core (ie. greater than or equal to the version it was built with).