[mapguide-internals] RE: GDAL stability in MGOS 2.1

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Mon Jan 4 10:06:15 EST 2010

Hi Trevor,

One place to start would be by fixing the refcounting of the connection held by the feature reader in the provider. The PSC didn't want to fix this bug last release, and it is one place where this provider differs from all other providers. I remember that I attached a patch fixing this to the ticket concerning this. That bug may be a source of crashes in certain cases -- of course it is not guaranteed that it is causing the stability problems you are having with that provider.

Traian